Monday, September 6, 2010

Giardia!?

Bonsoir tout le monde. I apologize for the long break over the weekend. There were a bunch of things going on: I took call with the pediatrician on duty on Saturday and Sunday, one of my favorite people here left so we had to fete her, and I feel as though I might have gotten Giardia last weekend in Libreville. Not to be too graphic, but I have all the tell-tale signs. I have yet to look at a stool sample under the microscope but I may just start empiric treatment to get rid of some of the symptoms. Its such a close call as to whether I just have bad traveler's diarrhea and it will go away without a harsh antibiotic or whether I need to jump on the Flagyl bandwagon. As this is my first real gastrointestinal derangement since I have arrived, I will keep everyone updated as conditions progress. For the meantime, wish my intestines luck in battling whatever it is that ails them.

No comments:

Post a Comment