Thursday, February 15, 2007

Snow daze

Friends--I do not know if news of our mercurial weather has reached all parts of the country, but let me inform you that it is a regular Ice Storm 2007 here in Maryland. Schools have been closed for two days and I'm hoping for a third day just to make it a clean sweep. In my time off, I have been watching the Wire, reading, and baking. It all sounds so Amish, doesn't it? Except the part about the Wire of course. Owen and I have become quite adept at kneading and rising up delicious loaves of bread, many of which I have pictures of on my trusty digi cam. One day I will upload them and ye can marvel at the variety, from Victorian milk loaf to rye-walnut bread. Truly bread baking is a gift from the gods, a chance to reconnect with earlier times, and an inexpensive form of therapy. I love it, I love it, I love it.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to take some credit for this bread baking affinity--was it not I who kneaded your first loaf with you, this summer? I am glad you find some joy in it. I love it too, its worth it for the smell alone. Can't wait for some joint ventures in the years to come. bisous, tous les deux, kah-tee.

    ReplyDelete